Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jack's Slideshow

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Wow, I never thought that anyone else in this world had even remembered Jack Green!

I recall first discovering Mystique in the St. Albert (Alberta) library way back in about 1983. I was blown away! The hooky tunes and were laced with catchy vocal arrangements and I couldn't help but pick up a guitar and start exploring songwriting.

Shortly after this, I found three of Jack's recordings on cassette tape at Zellers of all places. In the late 1980's I discovered Humanesque was on CD, but numerous attempts to locate the other recordings on CD was unfruitful.

I watched a "teen/beach" movie on Superchannel back in the late 1980's and recognized many of Jack's tunes were on the soundtrack. So far I have never been able to locate this soundtrack or even identify the movie.

The Jack Green phenomena was somewhat localized to Alberta. Friend in Vancouver had never heard of him. I recall "Babe" being #77 on the top 100 on K97 one year. "Burnin' rubber Highway 2" always reminds me of road trips down Hwy 2 to Calgary.

You're Warm always hits me just right.

Thanks for the great music and inspiration. Your music has taken me through the blues, reggae, pop and in so many directions. I credit Jack Green for kick-starting my passion for playing guitar and pop songwriting.

You Rock!

D C
Alberta

JACK GREEN MUSIC SOCIETY said...

Jack is currently working on getting his music on CD, and there are plenty of wonderful hoops to jump through, and we are all so hopeful that we'll be able finally get all his albums on CD. His last solo album 'Latest Game' is the hardest of his albums to find, The Holy Grail of Jack Green, so to speak. Jack recently sent us a copy of the movie music soundtrack, which was so great of him. Incidentally, his hit single 'Babe' chartered much higher than # 77 in the Edmonton region. The same year that Pink Floyd's 'The Wall' was Number One on the Edmonton charts, Jack was Number Two. Quite an amazing feat! Thanks for your comments D C, we are activiely hunting for all of Jack's music, videos, and memorabilia, so if you find something of Jack's let us know. He comes to this site often and enjoys reading your words. He is currently in Scotland and we'll be sending him the next selected Top Ten fan questions shortly :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Jack Green,
We just bought Humanesque at a record store for 33.33 cents and upon listening, have decided that it is the best 33.33 cents we've ever spent on a record we'd never heard! Wish we had been alive when it came out so we could have paid 5 bucks for it.

Love,
Vince and Bev

Anonymous said...

Wow, This must be the mecca of all that is JACK. I am in Calgary and have seen Jack and loved.... LIVED with his music for over 30 years. I have seen him 3 times and i still remember his first headling show. I have all of JACK'S albums. The soundtrack was hard to find but just won it on ebay. I also have his radio special. I so would like all his stuff to be on cd. Heck even a dvd of his videos would be awesome. I am so so so very thankful to the society for bringing JACK back into my life. (not that he went anywhere but) Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

Jack Green...thanks for the tunes, they are so much fun to dance to!!