Monday, September 12, 2011

THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE GREEN FAMILY


Meet the newest member of the Green Family, Digby Green.




This is the first photograph we have received of him from Jack and Jackie Green.




Digby is a Blue German Shepherd, and the apple of everyone's eye.




Congratulations Jack & Jackie.





The Jack Green Appreciation Society











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful unique dog, with a recessive gene that eliminates black. This one does seem rather dark. Was almost eaten by one of these on my mail route so I'll stick with my goldfish! In fact I think it's eyes were gold. Once you've had a shepherd, a dog like a bishon frise seems like an irritating rodent in comparison. Haven't seen these dogs anywhere. Kind of like Jack's music, rare, once you've had it on your turntable no other imitation will do!
Nice name Digby although I do think he looks a bit like a Monroe!

Anonymous said...

Wowwie wow, what a cool site! I'm very impressed at the sincere and personal effort you guys have put in to making this awesome tribute for Jack Green. I've followed the links to tunited and am wondring if there's something wrong with the site or that maybe I need a new computer. Do let me know please.

Anonymous said...

Martin Buber once said, "An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language". Roger Caras has added, "Dogs are not our whole life but they make our lives whole".

They also enhance the integrity of their owners as noted by the great Immanuel Kant, "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals..until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened".

There are many great songs about pets, namely Paul McCartney's "Martha my Dear", Henry Gross's 'Shannon' (about Beach Boy Carl Wilson's deceived setter) and Cat Steven's 'I love my Dog' although I doubt if Jackie would appreciate that one,

"I love my dog as much as I love you,
But you may fade, my dog will always come through"

Many have speculated that Dob Dylans,"Lay Lady Lay" was about his dog.

Jack has his own special history with his pets and perhaps a great tribute song is on the horizon!

Anonymous said...

Tunited.com is currently in closed beta testing. Here is their notification prior to temporarily shutting down:

Tunited in Development

Hey, thanks for visiting Tunited! We've gone into a closed beta testing phase so we can bring you more of what you love and make sure it all works just fine before we come back to you.

If you've already registered with Tunited, log in as normal, test our new exclusive functionality and give us your feedback – we want you to help us shape Tunited. You can do all the usual stuff like stream and download music too.

If you don't have a Tunited account and you'd like to be part of the closed beta testing phase, get in touch and email susie@tunited.com, or sign up on the right to get updates on our progress.

Thanks for your support and see you on the other side.

Team Tunited

Hope this helps. I'm not part of the testing so I'm locked out too along with all of Jack's new songs. However good things are worth waiting for & great things all the more!