Sunday, April 1, 2012

INCREDIBLE NEW TRACK FROM JACK GREEN 'AMERICAN MOON'!

http://www.onesongworld.com/en/content/osw/824

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It would be tragically trivial to speak only of the excellence of these compositions simply breaking them down musically. They are more significantly artistic vehicles of a lifetime of reflection upon the question, "What is truth"?

From an all out pursuit of the 'American Dream' and the blind trust often given to its prophets, priests & kings, we are an aging generation, cynical & hardened, jealously seeking a bare bones simplicity, genuineness, significant meaning,unconditional love and an outstretched trusting hand. Where there used to be endless energy running toward the flame, there is now inner darkness, fear and self doubt. Yet one must die to the pursuit of a lie, put others above ourselves, deeming the least as worthy of our love before true meaning returns home.

Both 'American Moon' and 'Alive' remind me of these truths and the endless despairing existence that remains when I ignore them.

Thank you Jack Green!

Anonymous said...

Alive

Metaphorically the immortality of the vampire is yearned by all, 'just a few more years, only if I were young again.' Yet for the abused and the addict jonesin' poison, perhaps a mortal life time is a cruel eternity.

The ancients recorded that no longer would people live centuries but only to 100 because of the evil they would construct. Perhaps they got it right! As the band 'Perry' says, "I've had just enough time". It's quality not quanity!

Brilliantly layered slow paced blurred imagery and a somber keyboard back this graphic literary turmoil. Magnificent title more subtle and ironic than Hendrix's 'I don't live today'. Dark, passionate & stirring to the soul!

Anonymous said...

Amazing lyrical concept, "American Moon" and poignant statement regarding the nature of war. Could picture Springsteen covering this one. It's a good thing there's no more single vinyl 45's. I'd hate to choose between this and 'Alive' for the B side!