Tuesday, February 3, 2009

JACK GREEN HUMANESQUE CD ON REVOLVER RECORDS

You know you want it!
You know you want all of Jack's solo albums released on Revolver Records, right?
Then do your part and send an email to the fine folks at the Revolver Records email address provided below!
It's only a matter of time before all of Jack's solo albums are released on CD!
But for this to happen, we all have to do our part. So send a kind email to Revolver Records politely asking them to re-release the rest of Jack's solo albums. With enough interest, they will.
After reading the 'Holy Grail' article I wrote in 2007 about Jack's solo album 'Latest Game', someone forwarded it to Revolver Records, who took an interest and re-released Latest Game on CD, Itunes and download formats.
J-Gas Members, please do take a moment of your time out for The Hero of the People.
Send an email to Revolver Records for all of Jack's solo albums to be released on CD!
Tell them Robin sent you.
Thank you.

4 comments:

B626 said...

DONE.

Anonymous said...

I'm a huge Jack Green fan myself, but have all of the albums on vinyl. Have you been able to find the albums on CD anywhere in Alberta, or mp3's to purchase?

Anonymous said...

Hello, well never expected to find this site.
Liked this guy since The Pretty Things,

On a trip to Paris I found all Jack Green Albums on CD,
Jack Green - 1980 – Humanesque
Jack Green - 1981 - Reverse Logic
Jack Green - 1983 – Mystique
Jack Green - 1986 - Latest Game

I now have them all as MP3,
If anyone would like a copy of any or all,
Drop me a line at sheldito@hotmail.com and I can upload them for you.

Sleave Pics Here,

http://i56.tinypic.com/w0l5wm.jpg
[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/w0l5wm.jpg[/IMG]

http://i52.tinypic.com/vsj1gi.jpg
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/vsj1gi.jpg[/IMG]

http://i54.tinypic.com/scryty.jpg
[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/scryty.jpg[/IMG]

http://i52.tinypic.com/2870pef.jpg
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2870pef.jpg[/IMG]

http://i55.tinypic.com/icqrs6.jpg
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/icqrs6.jpg[/IMG]

http://i55.tinypic.com/24ux2c2.jpg
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/24ux2c2.jpg[/IMG]

http://i56.tinypic.com/2jfwzso.jpg
[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2jfwzso.jpg[/IMG]

http://i53.tinypic.com/280p7p3.jpg
[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/280p7p3.jpg[/IMG]

http://i52.tinypic.com/35ioldw.jpg
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/35ioldw.jpg[/IMG]

Kindest regards, Sheldito
Walking In My Sleep

Unknown said...

Hi all,

I work for Revolver Records. After this article went up we had a flurry of interest, and we still occasionally receive emails about it (had one today which prompted me to comment on this page).

Regrettably we don't have distribution rights for the Jack Green albums any more - they expired a few years ago and were not renewed. We have tried several times to get in touch with his old manager but we've had no success so far. (We're still trying occasionally though, but I believe when we first tried to he'd just gone through a personal bereavement and was unreachable - no improvement since then.)


For the interim, I can only suggest trying somewhere like GEMM, eBay or the discogs.com trading boards :-( I've seen import and used copies for sale on Amazon and the like, unfortunately they're all a bit expensive but that's the best I can suggest in the meantime. We'd love to be able to sell music to people who want to buy it - that's the founding principle of a record label! - but if the artist and his manager are unreachable or unwilling to license the music for sale, there's little more we can do until they change their mind.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, we're stuck in limbo to an extent! Mad situation to be in but such is life in the music industry.

I'll update this article if we get any developments...

Cheers
Chris