Great pic of the late great Gordon Edwards, the subject of Jack's splendid song "Sunshine Boys" (on Tunited.com) A must listen similar to the Beatles, "Tomorrow Never Knows" in vocal range emulating a dreamy dead like atmosphere. This is augmented by wonderful 'Led Zeppelin Kashmir' like guitar transitions. The Pretty Things always seemed to be able to replace multi-faceted musicians like Dick Taylor and Alan (Wally) Waller with the likes of Gordon Edwards, Pete Tolson & Jack Green leaving us a tremendous musical legacy that continues in various forms to this day.
Hi There, Great Site. Its wonderful to know Jack get the support he deserves via this site. Well done. Keep up the good work. I'm posting a link to this site with the TAG Members Update later today. The link will be going on the free site too (but not for a couple of weeks). I'm also including a link to
The Pretty Things represented a contrast of 60's musical synthesis and fusion. Rough & Ready like the Stones they could also display complex melodious textures found in Left Banke's 'Nice to See You', the Nazz's 'Open My Eyes and the gentleness of Moby Grapes', 'Omaha'. Street wise and savvy, they were the antithesis of the cinematic purity of Danny Hutton's 'Big Bright Eyes'.
Jack Green already a seasoned veteran was already privy to the 60's amazing innovative synergism. Along with Pete Tolson whose New Wave, Reggae, stop & start style displayed in 'Wish Fulfillment' & 'Young Pretenders' can be heard in Green's solo innovations. A tremendous duo during their time together sometimes reminiscent of the Cars, Bryan Adams and the Police.
With Green it's hard to pin him down to a particular style and time. He can simply do it all and in convincing fashion often superseding the influences within his artistic offerings.
His latest magnificent offerings on Tunited.com are a must especially for those who think they have him pigeon holed and categorized. To this I say 'No Way'!
For Gordon: "The sharp knife of a short life, well I have just enough time..If I die young lay me down..Sink me in the river..gather up your tears and keep them in your pocket, save them for a time when you really gonna need em..a penny for my thoughts, oh no I'll sell em for a dollar, they're worth so much more after I'm a gonner and maybe then you'll hear the words that I've been singin' funny when you're dead how people start listenin'."
4 comments:
Great pic of the late great Gordon Edwards, the subject of Jack's splendid song "Sunshine Boys" (on Tunited.com) A must listen similar to the Beatles, "Tomorrow Never Knows" in vocal range emulating a dreamy dead like atmosphere. This is augmented by wonderful 'Led Zeppelin Kashmir' like guitar transitions. The Pretty Things always seemed to be able to replace multi-faceted musicians like Dick Taylor and Alan (Wally) Waller with the likes of Gordon Edwards, Pete Tolson & Jack Green leaving us a tremendous musical legacy that continues in various forms to this day.
Hi There,
Great Site. Its wonderful to know Jack get the support he deserves via this site. Well done. Keep up the good work. I'm posting a link to this site with the TAG Members Update later today. The link will be going on the free site too (but not for a couple of weeks). I'm also including a link to
http://beta.tunited.com/profile/artist/greenmusic/
Laser Love to you. XXX
The Pretty Things represented a contrast of 60's musical synthesis and fusion. Rough & Ready like the Stones they could also display complex melodious textures found in Left Banke's 'Nice to See You', the Nazz's 'Open My Eyes and the gentleness of Moby Grapes', 'Omaha'. Street wise and savvy, they were the antithesis of the cinematic purity of Danny Hutton's 'Big Bright Eyes'.
Jack Green already a seasoned veteran was already privy to the 60's amazing innovative synergism. Along with Pete Tolson whose New Wave, Reggae, stop & start style displayed in 'Wish Fulfillment' & 'Young Pretenders' can be heard in Green's solo innovations. A tremendous duo during their time together sometimes reminiscent of the Cars, Bryan Adams and the Police.
With Green it's hard to pin him down to a particular style and time. He can simply do it all and in convincing fashion often superseding the influences within his artistic offerings.
His latest magnificent offerings on Tunited.com are a must especially for those who think they have him pigeon holed and categorized. To this I say 'No Way'!
For Gordon: "The sharp knife of a short life, well I have just enough time..If I die young lay me down..Sink me in the river..gather up your tears and keep them in your pocket, save them for a time when you really gonna need em..a penny for my thoughts, oh no I'll sell em for a dollar, they're worth so much more after I'm a gonner and maybe then you'll hear the words that I've been singin' funny when you're dead how people start listenin'."
-Band called Perry
Post a Comment